The roof over your head is a significant investment, so you should never choose the company that will be performing the replacement without plenty of research. Whether you’re a homeowner or a business owner, searching for the best roof replacement company can be challenging. Here are some of the things that you should consider when you are searching for the perfect fit for your roofing project.
What Qualities Should the Best Roof Replacement Company Have?
Whenever you are having construction or renovation performed on your home, it is critical that you work with an experienced company. The roof is what protects you and your belongings from the elements, so working with someone who knows how to choose the right materials and install them in the right way is critical. Because there is no degree or formal education required to be an excellent roofer, one of the most important things to look for is experience. The other critical element of a great company is a license. The best roof replacement company will have licensing and insurance, and those protect you in the event that damage occurs to your home. When you are asking questions to the company that you are getting a quote from, you should also ask:
- If they have liability insurance
- If they are bonded
- If they have a business license
- If they can provide you with a written estimate
- If they can provide you with three references
If the company is unwilling to answer or provide any of the above, they are not the right fit for your project. Companies like Benchmark Roofers go above and beyond to make sure that you are confident in our ability to get the job done right.
What Services Do They Offer?
Depending on the roofing contractor that you might work with, they might also offer other services that can help you now and in the future. The best roof replacement company might also be able to help you with:
- Adding insulation
- Installing ventilation systems
- Repairing roof damage
- Roof inspections
- Preventative roof maintenance
- Inspections to determine if your roofing is allowing excess moisture or cold/hot air into your home
At Benchmark Roofers, we want to be able to help you now and in the future. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of services to keep you safe and secure through every stage of your roof’s lifecycle.
What Questions Should You Ask?
Searching for the best roof replacement company can take work, so it’s a good idea to ask a variety of questions that can give you insight into what you can expect if you work with the company. Some of the questions that we suggest asking include:
- Can I have a detailed estimate explaining the different parts of the roof replacement and their costs?
- What is the cost of roof removal?
- Does the roof have any warranties attached? Are there any limitations on the warranty?
- What types of insurance do you have and how much coverage do you carry?
- Are you bonded?
- What things might cause the project to be delayed? If the project is delayed due to weather or something similar, how will the rescheduling process be handled?
- Are the workers who will be installing the roof experienced? How much experience do they have?
- Who will be my point of contact if I have any issues or questions?
- How long will the roof replacement take?
- Can my family be on-site during the installation or should I plan on being out of the house for the day?
- How will materials be disposed of? Will there be a dumpster on-site for the duration of the project or will they be removed another way?
- How will the gutters be protected during the roof replacement?
- If you find that plywood needs to be replaced when you are completing the roof replacement, what will the estimated cost be?
- How is the payment handled? Is there a deposit and additional payments or is the balance paid all at once? What type of payments are accepted?
- Does my roof really need to be replaced or would repairs be more sufficient for the time being?
We are happy to answer all of the questions above for you to make your selection process easy.
Make Your Residential Roof Last with Benchmark Roofers
Benchmark Roofers is proud to serve homeowners throughout the state of Maryland in need of high-quality roofing and repairs. Beyond our roof replacement and repair offerings, we can help you cross home improvement projects off your to-do list, including door replacement, gutter replacement, siding replacement, window replacement and roof repair. For a free roof inspection to determine if you need a roof replacement or a consultation to show you the benefits of a new roof, call us today at (443) 775-3654 or submit the brief contact form below.